|Country roads...take me home...
||[Nov. 8th, 2007|02:21 pm]
Hug it out, bitch!
I'm at my parents' house right now, which always makes me feel better about whatever kind of crappy week I've had. Which is every week. I can't wait to talk to my counselor on Monday. I think it will make me feel better to talk to someone. But yeah, still failing at school and currently wishing I had the option of getting my masters' in art history instead. Maybe someday I'll get to work somewhere cool like the Smithsonian. Or better yet, I could get a graphic design job with an art museum. I personally prefer museums to galleries because I like really old stuff. I don't know why I'm talking about this. Maybe my old obsession with art history is waking up again, which would be wonderful. One of my goals on "43 Things" is to appreciate art again. Maybe I'll start doing better at my studio art stuff if I actually start liking art again. Who knows?|
I found a really cool article called "How to be Interesting." It was, well, interesting. A lot of the ideas on there are stuff I already do, but some of them I had never thought of before. I'll just post the list and the link to the full article.
1. Take at least one picture everyday. Post it to flickr.
2. Start a blog. Write at least one sentence every week.
3. Keep a scrapbook
4. Every week, read a magazine you’ve never read before
5. Once a month interview someone for 20 minutes, work out how to make them interesting. Podcast it.
6. Collect something
7. Once a week sit in a coffee-shop or cafe for an hour and listen to other people’s conversations. Take notes. Blog about it. (Carefully)
8. Every month write 50 words about one piece of visual art, one piece of writing, one piece of music and one piece of film or TV. Do other art forms if you can. Blog about it
9. Make something
I just think it's a neat way to be a little more better socially, I guess. I'll have to try all of these things. At least it helps broaden your knowledge a little. There's nothing wrong with that.